Colorado Big Game Hunt
Elk, Mule Deer, Pronghorn
HUNTER SAFETY CARD IS REQUIRED FOR HUNTERS BORN AFTER JANUARY 1, 1940!
This is a luxurious working cattle ranch straddling the Colorado and Wyoming border. The ranch operates on 200,000 acres of the magnificent Rocky Mountains, home to thousands of trout, elk, mule deer, pronghorn antelope and of course, cattle.
The Little Snake River meanders through the ranch offering 16 miles of pristine, private river fly-fishing, complimented by 30 oxbow ponds and lakes teeming with rainbow, brook, brown and native Colorado River cutthroat trout. Fly fishing here basks you in solitude and challenges your sense of nature.
The gorgeous lodge is located in a remote area and is not close to any towns. They are about an hour or so from Steamboat Springs Ski Resort. On the property they offer a variety of activities, from ATV riding or horseback riding, to afternoon tea, cooking lessons and a luxurious spa.One could easily spend the trip simply enjoying the beautiful scenery and manicured grounds.
If you hunt, you already know that the mule deer, elk and pronghorn antelope hunting in Colorado is the stuff of legends. It’s what this hunting program is all about. The lodge offers more than 50,000 acres of prime private elk, mule deer and pronghorn antelope hunting on one of Colorado’s premier properties. Full service guided hunts include comfortable lodging and superb home cooked meals. This magnificent ranch is truly a hunter’s paradise.
Hunts are tailored to your desires. If you are in top physical condition and like to hike to the back country for your trophy animals, they can accommodate your style. If you prefer four wheel drive vehicle combined with spot and stalk, they can accommodate you as well. The hunt can be as difficult or easy as you like. One thing you must remember is that if trophy size is your primary goal, you will need to be in excellent shape to go where the bigger bulls hide out.
All of the guests enjoy comfortable lodge/cabin accommodations with daily maid service and complimentary beverages and snacks. Meals are served in our newly remodeled and expanded River Rock Lodge.
The Aspen, Alpine and Hidden Valley homes are very nice indeed, offering all the amenities needed for your visit to the mountains of Northwest Colorado. Fine western cuisine and hospitality await you at this unique lodge.
The "Roaring Fork Spa" nestled inside the Lodge has quickly become a focal point of vacations at the Ranch. This blissful 6,000 square foot facility offers the finest in destination spa service. Complete with treatment rooms, hottubs, exercise facility, indoor/outdoor pool, and steam rooms, our spa truly allows you to experience the serenity and the opportunity to slow life down. Our extensive spa menu allows you to select the treatment of choice or select packages with multiple treatments. Therapists use the Phytomer line of spa products to mold your body and mind into a total well being. After a great day of fly fishing or alpine skiing, return to the "Roaring Fork Spa." Return to a lifestyle sought; a lifestyle enjoyed.
What else is there to do at this destination?
The gorgeous lodge is located in a remote area and is not close to any towns. They are about an hour or so from Steamboat Springs Ski Resort. On the property they offer a variety of activities, from ATV riding or horseback riding, to afternoon tea, horseback riding, unlimited use of exercise room, pool and steam room cooking lessons and a luxurious spa. One could easily spend the trip simply enjoying the beautiful scenery and manicured grounds.
Pricing: 2013 Call for Updated Pricing
- Bull Elk (Archery & Rifle) : $8500(early and late) $9250(Mid Sept. thru Early Oct.)
- Trophy Mule Deer: $9250
- Special Mule Deer Hunt: $15,000 “Three opportunities to harvest “El Grande” September 1-5 “in the velvet,” Any week in October; November “in the rut”
- Buck Antelope: $4500
- Combo Hunts: Total of all hunts, less $500 discount for each additional species after the first. Fly fishing is complimentary for combo hunters.
- Land shuttle service from Hayden, Colorado or Dixon, Wyoming to the ranch
- Five full hunting days
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- Complimentary beverages
- 2x1 guide service
- Complimentary 50-shot sporting clay shoot
- Complimentary day of fly fishing
- Transportation to the field
- Field dressing
- Hunter safety card required for hunters born after 1948 – NO EXCEPTIONS
- All wounding loss of game will be considered a harvest and hunt concluded
- Meat processing (elk-$250 approx.)
- shipping and taxidermy
- 1x1 guide: $250 per day
- Transportation to/from your hometown to Denver
- Taxes $58.50 (approximate)
- Private room: $2750
- Extra fishing days at $500 per day
- Guns and ammunition
- Hunting license estimates: ($300) Mule deer, Elk ($500), Antelope ($300) Purchased at the ranch – No draw necessary!
- Non-hunting companion: $3000 - Lodging and dining
- Service Charge: 15% of the total cost of your package to cover all tips for guides and staff. You will not need to add any tip on top of this unless you so choose.
Options: Supplemental day of fishing $500.00. Supplemental sporting clays shoot $100.00/round
After I book this trip...What's Next?
1. A&AW (Antlers & Anglers Worldwide) will invoice you for a 50% deposit and send you a release form to confirm your spot and a link to the pre-trip planner.
2. We HIGHLY recommend travel insurance which can be purchased via the link at the bottom of this page. Travel insurance is time sensitive and must be purchased within 14 days of the initial deposit to recieve the most complete coverage. It protects you from medical expenses while traveling, cancellation due to natural disaster, illness, death in the family,and lodge closings; in this day and time, anything is possible. Lodges count on you to protect your investment.
3. Make your travel arrangements and check on your passport if needed for this trip.
4. A&AW will send you a detailed clothing & equipment list. Be sure to look it over to see if you need to plan ahead for any special purchases!
5. 120 days out from your trip, you will receive a final invoice for the remainder of the balance due 90 days before the trip.
6. The final countdown information details will be sent to you which will include emergency numbers and directions.
7. Have a fantastic trip! Call us if you need anything.
8. Upon your return, we will call you to see how the trip went! We can't wait to here about your adventure!
9. It's time to plan your next trip! Thanks for your business!
If you need help with your airline travel and accommodations before or after your trip we recommend Jacky Keith, president of Esplanade Travel in Boston. Contact her at email@example.com or 800-628-4893.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
While Antlers & Anglers does everything in our power to protect our clients from travel problems however we cannot prevent illness, deaths, or lodge closings; we live in uncertain times! The only way to guarantee your investment in your trip is through travel insurance. Most health insurance companies do not cover international medical expenses. There are many good companies available. We recommend Travelex because of their service and their company ratings. The Travelex Insurance link is available through our website at the bottom of this page.
Antlers & Anglers is similar to a travel agent in that we send your payments directly to the outfitter. Should something unforeseen happen, Antlers & Anglers will only be able to refund money that fits the lodges' refund policy! Please buy travel insurance for your protection.
Finally, travel insurance is time sensitive and must be purchased within a certain number of days of your deposit to cover preexisting conditions, lodge closings and other various issues. It is still available later but the benefits may be more limited.
As a service to our clients, the Global Rescue link is available through our website at www.globalrescue.com . Global rescue will actually rescue you from any location, even the bottom of a cliff. They have ex special ops rescuers, jet service and Johns Hopkins doctors on call to assist you anywhere in the world.
DEPOSIT, REFUND POLICY, AND RELEASES:
- A signed liability release waiver for Antlers and Anglers Worldwide, LLC is required and must be sent with the initial deposit.
- Each lodge will have their own release for you to sign upon arrival at the lodge. If you want to participate, you will be required to sign a form.
- 50% non-refundable deposit with your signed release will be due at the time of booking to hold your spot. Your spot is not guaranteed until you deposit is received.
- The remaining balance of the trip cost will be due 90 days prior to your departure.
- Due to the financial exposure from cancelled trips, lodges are revising and tightening their policies on cancellations and refunds; in more and more instances they are not permitting refunds, re-scheduling, or substitutions. In light of these new policies and the uncertain economy, Antlers & Anglers Worldwide, LLC (AAW, LLC) strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Since the cost of your trip is significant and must be paid in advance and prior to your departure, you stand to lose a considerable sum of money if you must cancel your trip or if something unforeseen happens. If the lodge will allow substitutes, you may substitute one or more persons in place of yourself or others who have confirmed reservations for your trip. Payments by individuals who are substituted for one or more persons on your trip will be credited toward payments made by such person(s) to AAW, LLC. To the extent of any such payments, AAW, LLC will issue a corresponding refund. If requested, AAW, LLC will assist you in your efforts to find a suitable substitute, although no assurance is given that one will be found.