DUCK, DOVE, and PERDIZ COMBO TRIP
UNFORTUNATELY, WEATHER IS OUT OF OUR CONTROL AND CAN AFFECT THE GAME AND ABILITY TO GET TO THE GAME ON ANY TRIP!
$1180 per night Call for Updated Pricing
This estancia is located about 3 hours northeast of Buenos Aires in the Entre Rios province. Entre Rios quite literally translates into “between rivers”. Drawing from three major water systems fed by different drainages, this region is a composite of rich agricultural land surrounded by vast forests and marshes with abundant rainfall year-round. This unique topography translates into incredible numbers of waterfowl annually. The sporting rosy-billed pochard is the dominant species here, and the dawn skies can quite literally run black as these large-bodied ducks waffle in to your decoys. Other species, such as yellow-billed pintail and assorted teal, are also present in bountiful numbers, providing a variety of shooting scenarios. Couple these morning shoots with afternoon volume dove shooting or perdiz hunts, and you have a complete recipe for gunning satisfaction.
Shooters are accommodated in grand Argentine estancias dating back to the heyday of the 1920’s, when custom handcrafted woodwork and stone imported from Europe were the rage, all the while enjoying the traditional Argentine hospitality of spectacular guides and staff, delicious cuisine and fine wines.
This is a working estancia that has been recently remodeled. It will accommodate a maximum of 14 guests. There are eight rooms and seven bathrooms. A group of six or more will have exclusive use of the lodge.
The Hunting: (approx season April 20 - August 15)
Duck hunts will be over decoys and passing shots. Normally there will be two hunters per blind and each hunter may harvest 40 birds or shoot 5 boxes of shells. Your guide will not stay with you but will be rotating in the area between different blinds checking on everyone. Drive time to the boats is normally very short, 5-15 minutes. Occasionally it could be 30 minutes. You then ride in the boats to your duck blind. These rides could be another 15-20 minutes depending on the number of stops you make putting out other hunters.
Afternoon dove hunts are 20-30 minute drives from the lodge. Hunters can expect to shoot 10-20 boxes per outing. If you would prefer to perdiz hunt in the afternoon you may. These are done with two hunters and one guide over Pointers. Perdiz are usually in pairs or singles, not coveys like quail. There is a limit of 15 per hunt/per hunter.
Wake up for a hearty breakfast and depart for your duck hunt well before light. Hunt until mid-morning or so and then return to the lodge. You will have some time to relax before you eat lunch. After lunch you can take a nap and then head out for your afternoon dove hunt around 2:30 - 3:00. Shoot until dusk and return to the lodge for cocktails and dinner.
Arrival / Departure Travel Schedule:
You will leave the states the afternoon / evening of your departure day and arrive in Buenos Aires the following morning. After helping you with customs clearance a lodge representative will load you into a private van for a 3 - 3 1/2 hour drive to an afternoon dove hunt. The lodge is located about 3 hours northeast of Buenos Aires. On your departure day you will have a morning duck hunt, return to the lodge to pack and eat lunch, and head out for your evening departure flight arriving back home the following day. The lodge highly recommends that your departure flight not be before 5 PM so you can hunt that morning.
2013 Pricing: Call for Updated Pricing
$1180 per night
$5,900 for 5 nights/6 days
$4,720 for 4 nights/5 days
- Lodging: double occupancy
- All meals upon arrival
- Wine, beer and a self-serve open bar
- Round-trip group transfer between Buenos Aires and the lodge (3-3 ½ hours)
- Bird boys
- Customs assistance
- Gun cleaning and repair
- Hunting license/permits
- Taxes and service charges
- Duck Limit: 40 birds or 5 boxes of shells (first of the two)
- Argentina “gun fee” for your own gun(s):$140 per gun & extra barrel (subject to change)
- Travel to and from Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Shells: $14 per box for 12, 20, and 28 gauge. (subject to change)
- Tips: see detail below
- Gun rental: $50 per day (subject to change)
- Laundry service
- Perdiz hunt: $180 per person per hunt. 15 bird limit (subject to change)
- Airport departure tax: About $20 paid w/ US currency or credit card.
- Phone calls from the lodge
- Non-hunter is half price
- Immigration fee: less than $100 (subject to change)
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
The estancia has a reliable landline for guests to make calls out or receive calls. Cell phone service is spotty but AT&T does fairly well. Satellite phones work well. The lodge does not have an internet computer for their guests to use but hopes to soon.
Due to the large number of people that will be assisting you on your trip, we suggest a $40-$50 dollar per day tip that will be divided among all the house and field staff equally. We suggest a $100 total tip for your lodge host, Enrique Young, nick named Quiqui (Kike). The final decision is always yours!
Passport and Visa Needed?
Yes, a passport is needed with at least 6 months left before its' expiration from the date of departure from the foreign country. You must have at least three empty pages left on your passport. No visa is required at this time. Be sure to check just before trip time for any changes in this countries' policies at http://travel.state.gov
Passports for Children:
Traveling with Minors -- All children must have their own passports when traveling overseas. To obtain a passport, the child must be present -- that is, in person -- at the center issuing the passport. Both parents must be present as well. If not, then a notarized statement from the parents is required. Any questions parents or guardians might have can be answered by calling the National Passport Information Center at tel. 877/487-2778 Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm Eastern Standard Time, or log on to the U.S. State Department website at http://travel.state.gov and do a search for "Foreign Entry Requirements."
CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARE ONLY VALID FOR 5 YEARS.
The lodge has Benelli and Beretta shotguns for rent. They have 12 and 20 gauge semi-automatics as well as over/unders.
U.S. Gun Registration:
U.S. customs requires proof of ownership of your shotguns upon re-entry into the U.S. You will need to register your guns at a U.S. Customs office and fill out form 4457. More information on this later.
Argentina Gun Permits/South America Shooting Questionnaire:
We will send you a “South America Shooting Questionnaire.” You need to fill this out completely and accurately and return it to Antlers & Anglers Worldwide. We will send this to the outfitter who will complete the official Argentine technical form – ficha técnica. For those taking their own guns we will send you the paperwork for an Argentina gun permit which you will send to the Argentina Consulates office. More details for this later.
Payment for Shotgun Shells:
You will settle your shell bill, gun rental, perdiz hunts and tips prior to your departure by cash or personal check. You may add your tips to your check. Traveler’s checks and credit cards are not accepted!
After I book this trip...What's Next?
1. A&AW (Antlers & Anglers Worldwide) will invoice you for a 50% deposit and send you a release form to confirm your spot and a link to the pre-trip planner.
2. We HIGHLY recommend travel insurance which can be purchased via the link at the bottom of this page. Travel insurance is time sensitive and must be purchased within 14 days of the initial deposit to recieve the most complete coverage. It protects you from medical expenses while traveling, cancellation due to natural disaster, illness, death in the family,and lodge closings; in this day and time, anything is possible. Lodges count on you to protect your investment.
3. Make your travel arrangements and check on your passport if needed for this trip.
4. A&AW will send you a detailed clothing & equipment list. Be sure to look it over to see if you need to plan ahead for any special purchases!
5. 120 days out from your trip, you will receive a final invoice for the remainder of the balance due 90 days before the trip.
6. The final countdown information details will be sent to you which will include emergency numbers and directions.
7. Have a fantastic trip! Call us if you need anything.
8. Upon your return, we will call you to see how the trip went! This is valuable input for us so please be very honest.
9. It's time to plan you next trip! Thanks for your business!
If you need help with your airline travel and accommodations before or after your trip we recommend Jacky Keith, president of Esplanade Travel in Boston. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-628-4893.
Travel Insurance: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
While Antlers & Anglers does everything in our power to protect our clients from travel problems however we cannot prevent illness, deaths, or lodge closings; we live in uncertain times! The only way to guarantee your investment in your trip is through travel insurance. There are many good companies available. We recommend Travelex because of their service and their company ratings. The Travelex Insurance link is available through our website at the bottom of this page.
Antlers & Anglers is similar to a travel agent in that we send your payments directly to the outfitter. Should something unforeseen happen, Antlers & Anglers will only be able to refund money that fits the lodges’ refund policy! Please buy travel insurance for your protection.
Finally, travel insurance is time sensitive and must be purchased within a certain number of days of your deposit to cover preexisting conditions, lodge closings and other various issues. It is still available later but the benefits may be more limited.
As a service to our clients, the Global Rescue link is available through our website at www.globalrescue.com . Global rescue will actually rescue you from any location, even the bottom of a cliff. They have ex special ops rescuers, jet service and Johns Hopkins doctors on call to assist you anywhere in the world.
Deposit, Refund Policy, and Releases:
- A signed liability release waiver for AAW, LLC is required and must be sent with the initial deposit. See link at bottom of the destination page to print your release.
- Each lodge will have their own release for you to sign upon arrival at the lodge.
- 50% non-refundable deposit with your signed release will be due at the time of booking to hold your spot. Your spot is not guaranteed until your deposit is received.
- The remaining balance of the trip cost will be due 90 days prior to your departure.
- Due to the financial exposure from cancelled trips, lodges are revising and tightening their policies on cancellations and refunds; in more and more instances they are not permitting refunds, re-scheduling, or substitutions. In light of these new policies and the uncertain economy, Antlers & Anglers Worldwide, LLC (AAW, LLC) strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance. Since the cost of your trip is significant and must be paid in advance and prior to your departure, you stand to lose a considerable sum of money if you must cancel your trip or if something unforeseen happens. If the lodge will allow substitutes, you may substitute one or more persons in place of yourself or others who have confirmed reservations for your trip. Payments by individuals who are substituted for one or more persons on your trip will be credited toward payments made by such person(s) to AAW, LLC. To the extent of any such payments, AAW, LLC will issue a corresponding refund. If requested, AAW, LLC will assist you in your efforts to find a suitable substitute, although no assurance is given that one will be found.